Saturday 17 January 2015

V&A Wedding Dresses

Brides-to-be, or anyone at all interested in fashion should definitely check out the Wedding Dress exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum, London. On display are dresses dating from 1775 up to the present day, including celebrity gowns such as Kate Moss and Gwen Stefani's iconic wedding dresses. 

It's on until 15th March. Well worth a visit!



Love this pink satin wedding dress by Catherine Rayner 


Kate Moss's lovely John Galliano gown. It's amazing to see the craftsmanship of this dress close up. All those tiny sequins swirling into peacock feather motifs.


A very, very very long train! Silk satin Norman Hartnell dress dating from 1933

3 comments:

  1. Wow, such gorgeousness, such intricacy, such beauty! I can't believe I haven't yet been to this exhibition. I will definitely be going now... thanks for the heads up Olwen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this exhibition and you've reminded me how beautiful the dresses were. How did you manage to get such great shots, I was glared at for getting my phone out to check the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog!! The flash up the top is awesome!!
    Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete